Resources / Publications
Marie-Hélène Roy Cardinal (1), Maarten H. G. Heusinkveld (1,2), Zhao Qin (1), Richard G. P. Lopata (2), Cyrille Naim (1,3), Gilles Soulez (3,4,5), Guy Cloutier (1,5)
American Journal of Roentgenology, 209, Issue 1, February 2017 : 142-151. DOI: 10.2214/AJR.16.17176
Plaque translation motion, Strain and shear strain imaging, Ultrasound imaging, Vulnerable carotid artery plaque
Vulnerable and nonvulnerable carotid artery plaques have different tissue morphology and composition that may affect plaque biomechanics. The objective of this study is to evaluate plaque vulnerability with the use of ultrasound noninvasive vascular elastography (NIVE).
Dragonfly was used for data visualization and analysis.
(1) Laboratory of Biorheology and Medical Ultrasonics, University of Montreal Hospital Research Center, 900 St Denis, Rm R11-464, Montreal, QC H2X 0A9, Canada.
(2) Cardiovascular Biomechanics, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
(3) Laboratory of Clinical Image Processing, University of Montreal Hospital Research Center, Montreal, QC, Canada.
(4) Department of Radiology, University of Montreal Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada.
(5) Department of Radiology, Radio-Oncology, and Nuclear Medicine, and Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada.
Return to Publications list.