At ORS, we understand that good technical support is just as important to our customers as our products themselves.
You can contact our Support Team by email, phone, or fax, or you can send us a Service Request. Before contacting us, please check to see if your question has not already been answered either in the Support Forums and FAQs section of this website or in your user manual.
Please be prepared to provide the following information whenever you report a problem:
- The installed version of ORS Visual and operating system of any affected machine.
- Your annual maintenance contract number or your technical support ticket number.
- A full description of the problem and when it first occurred.
- The steps required to reproduce the problem and a description of any error messages that were generated. If the problem affects a particular dataset, you may be asked to provide a copy of the dataset.
- You may also be asked to provide an error dump file (*.dmp extention). These files indicate at what line or area of memory a program crashed and can help our developers to pinpoint the cause of problems.
Dump files created by ORS Visual are located in C:\Users\ComputerName\AppData\Local\Temp\ and are named ORSVisualxx_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_xxxx.dmp, where xx is the software version (64-bit or 32-bit) and xxxx is the build number. If you are sending multiple files, please add them to a single RAR or ZIP archive.
Service response times may vary, depending on demand. However, priority technical support is available to holders of an Annual Maintenance Contract
, which is included with all ORS Visual Pro licenses. Holders of an ORS Visual Lite license can purchase priority technical support on an as needed basis
from our Online Store